Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Customer Update
First Choice Couriers is committed to providing the best possible service to our customers, however, we are in unprecedented times.
At the moment it is currently ‘business as usual’ in regards to deliveries and pick-ups, however there may be delays to deliveries in some areas, especially if delivery staff are required to self-isolate.
Our current action plans are precautionary steps to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to our staff, drivers and customers, are as follows (but not limited to):
- Management have identified staff to work from home and have now put in place the resources and systems. This may result in longer wait times if you try and phone our customer service team, so we strongly suggest that you email all queries and use our online booking system only.
- Depot collections or drop offs at our Unanderra, Braemar and Nowra sites are available, although with a maximum occupancy per office and social distancing markers.
- We have been educating all our staff of good hygiene practices throughout the office and on the road for the drivers.
- If any staff and or drivers have travelled overseas including being on a cruise liner they MUST self-isolate for 14 days as per the Australian government directions.
- If any staff and or drivers have been in direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 they MUST self-isolate for 14 days unless they have been tested negative for the COVID-19 virus. First Choice Couriers has enforced a mandatory medical check-up clearance from a doctor or hospital otherwise they will not be permitted to return to work.
- Drivers have been issued with a direction from management that all deliveries are not required to get signatures on their smart phone as proof of delivery, effective from the 16th of March 2020. The drivers are now required to ask for the receiver’s full name which they will enter into the POD. Our system will still have a Geolocation of where the goods were delivered. Social distance when receiving or collecting goods will be in place at all sites.
We want to stress to all of our customers that we are monitoring this developing situation daily, and we are always available to assist your enquiries. Also, we ask that if there are any changes to your operating patterns and requirements, please advise us as soon as possible.
We will continue to keep you informed as soon as possible if anything changes, as we try to get through this difficult period.
The Team at First Choice Couriers